Monday, May 14, 2007

Life is too short...

...to spend it deliberating over paper and embellishment choices. Memories are being made while you preserve the moments of yesterday. Get'er done and get back to living!

...to spend shopping. The accumulation of 'stuff' that you can't take with you. Wow, either we are the most altruistic souls on the planet or we've lost touch with the days gone buy where a trip to the store was strongly linked to a need that needed fullfilling (and I don't mean the need to shop).

...to try to change people. If we were all the same then there would be nothing to argue about. As hard as it is, embracing our differences and *gasp* trying to see if there is anything at all that we can absorb from them, is something that we could all probably stand to benefit from.

...to sweat the small stuff. Someone's 'title' (self appointed or not), bugs you? Why do you allow it to? Human beings are granted the will to ignore things that we choose not to give our attention to...I know this because I catch my daughter trying to do it everytime I tell her it's naptime. If it's not your cup of tea, perhaps it's better to accept that it may very well be someone else's. I catch myself asking myself, "does such and such's behaviour impact my life?" if not, I don't sweat it. Embrace your inner ignore button.

...to spend it trying to convince people that they aren't special. We are all special, in our own way. No, I don't want anyone to hold my hand! I'm just saying that why is it important that everyone else on the planet not annoy us? Isn't our choice to be annoyed? Why are we so above scrutiny that we can try to tear someone down for being different than we are?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your thinking. I have gotten off the "gotta have the latest & greatest and do like CK" merry-go-round and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I am just enjoying the pure pleasure of this hobby again.

The Conscious Scrapbooker said...

Amen to that! It has been an amazing ride for me as well! I just fear that I may resort to using elmer's glue for my layouts once I run out of adhesive just so I don't ruin the good no-shopping vibes!